Enterprise Equity is an Investment General Partner of the AIB Seed Capital Fund which has an overall committed fund size of €53 million.
EEVC has 5 executives allocated to the Fund.
The Fund commenced in July 2007 and will invest in start up and early stage companies or enterprises with high growth potential based in Ireland over the next five years.
- Investments will be made in start up and early stage enterprises with a primary focus in the technology, technology services, multimedia, wireless, financial services and food sectors where there is a likelihood of a realisation of investment within approximately five years.
- The Fund will not invest in the general life sciences area unless in the medical device sector. It will also not invest in property or construction.
- Investments will primarily be made in entities carrying on business in Ireland but an investment may be made in an entity with its place of business outside Ireland if it is controlled from Ireland.
- Investments made in an investee company shall be made typically for one or more of the following purposes:-
- the expansion of its activities;
- development of new activities;
- introduction of innovations or new technology;
- research and development activities; and/or
- acquisition of new technology.
- EEVC will select, identify, evaluate and negotiate investment opportunities, firms and enterprises
(i) carrying on business outside the city and county of Dublin;
(ii) carrying on business within the city and county of Dublin where the initial investment amount
required from the Partnership is more than €250,000. For funding sought of €250,000 or less
within Dublin city or county, applicants should contact Dublin Business Innovation Centre direct
- The maximum aggregate amount which may be invested by the Fund in any one company is €1.5 million.
How to Apply:
Intended applicants for investment from the Fund should:
- Download and complete the application form herein, click here to download.
- Fill out the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will contact you to discuss the outline business proposal, and if appropriate, request a copy of your company¡¯s business plan and arrange an exploratory meeting. Details of what the business plan should ideally contain and our investment process are outlined below.