Investments up to €1.5m will be made in start-up and early stage enterprises with a primary focus in the technology, technology services, multimedia, wireless, financial services and food sectors where there is a likelihood of a realisation of investment within approximately five years.
The Fund will not invest in the general life sciences area unless in the medical device sector. It will also not invest in property or construction.
Investments will primarily be made in entities carrying on business in Ireland but an investment may be made in an entity with its place of business outside Ireland if it is controlled from Ireland.
Investments made in an investee company shall be made typically for one or more of the following purposes:-
- the expansion of its activities;
- development of new activities;
- introduction of innovations or new technology;
- research and development activities; and/or
- acquisition of new technology.